System Administrator PagerDuty
- City:RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:124054BR
Do you love to solve complex technical or business challenges? Are you excited about working with strong leaders and engineering teams working to deliver high-impact user-focused outcomes? Do you enjoy playing with and using the latest IT software technology? If so, then consider joining IBM’s CIO Development and Operational Intelligence team.
We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, learning-focused, forward-thinking and fun-spirited work environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about leveraging best practices and IT tools to solving large and complex problems that will transform the largest enterprise IT company in the world, IBM.
IBM’s Corporate Information Office is hiring an experienced PagerDuty System Administrator to join our team to help administer an internal roll-out of the Pager Duty alert notification service across IBM (www.pagerduty.com). As a PagerDuty System Administrator, you will join our Development and Operational Intelligence team co-located in Research Triangle Park, NC focused on selecting and delivering best-in-class tools for use throughout all IBM. Our mission is to select tools which will not only deliver high value, but also tools which will drive a cultural shift using best practices.
Within this role, you will help administer the PagerDuty implementation internally to solidify it within IBM as we enhance our incident management practices, policies, metrics, and culture. You are expected to be highly technical, a great troubleshooter, and must be an excellent communicator. You will have the opportunity to deliver a modern IT alert notification system within the largest IT enterprise in the world!
Candidate must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· At least 2 Years of Experience in IT / Software Development / Engineering Projects
· At least1 Year as a System Administrator (or equivalent)
· Exposure to Pager Duty (or similar alert notification toolset)
· Familiarity with Agile and DevOps Methodologies
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· Experience as PagerDuty Administrator for Small, Medium or Large Enterprise
· Experience in Software Development and/or Operational Lifecycle Management
· Experience with Programming and/or Scripting
· Significant Exposure and Use of Alert Notification Tools
· Experience Working with SaaS Applications, Integrations & APIs
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.