Application Developer / Technical Consultant, IBM Maximo
- City:MULTIPLE CITIES
- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:123934BR
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring an Application Developer / Technical Consultant with subject matter expertise in IBM Maximo to join our consulting team - a tremendous opportunity to work with some of the world's most essential companies across a variety of industries.
- Customize/Configure, test and deploy IBM Maximo through all phases of the implementation life cycle
- Gather requirements and document solutions
- Program in Java and scripting languages to tailor IBM Maximo for client requirements
- Develop interfaces using Maximo Integration Framework (MIF)
- Deploy solutions using various technologies, including XML, XLST, SQL, Java Message Service (JMS), Web Logic, WebSphere, SQL Server and/or Oracle databases
- Provide technical input and guidance in a client facing environment
- Produce technical documentation
- Collaborate with Consultants and other subject matter experts across the internal and external landscape
In this role you will interact directly with clients and are required to travel within North America. Dallas, TX and Atlanta, GA are preferred locations but all locations considered.
Learn more about our Consulting work at: ibm.com/services/us/business-consulting/digital-operations-internetofthings/
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
(2252) WWMAX2018 WIOTS2018WW
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience working with IBM Maximo solutions
- At least 2 years of experience serving as an active participant in workshops and presenting processes/links to solution
- At least 2 years of experience with full life cycle solution implementations including requirements, configuration and testing
- At least 2 years of experience in Java development
- Experience with WebSphere, Web Logic, Scripting Languages (i.e. Jython), SQL, XML, XSLT and Database Administration
- Experience using the Maximo Integration Framework (MIF)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with IBM Maximo solutions
- At least 4 years of experience serving as an active participant in workshops and presenting technical processes/links to solution
- At least 4 years of experience with full life cycle solutions implementations including requirements, configuration and testing
- At least 4 years of experience in Java development
- At least 2 years of experience as a consultant in a client environment
- At least 2 years of experience with Maximo modules related to work management, purchasing and inventory
- Experience with J2EE applications and various facets and artifacts of the architecture
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT)
- Experience with Cognos
- Experience with Maximo Mobile Solutions for either Android or iOS devices
- Experience with Maximo Anywhere
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.