Solution Engineer (Cloud Brokerage)
- Category:Information Technology & Services
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:124896BR
Be part of exciting technology and growing field — cloud technology and management. Cloud is at the center of IBM's product strategy and growth sector. By being part of the Brokerage services under GTS, the Brokerage Solution Engineer will be able work with key technologies, business solutions and customer use cases that shape this space.We are looking for highly talented integration solution engineers to join our team and drive the development of IBM Cloud Brokerage that powers Hybrid Cloud solutions for enterprises.
The Brokerage Solution Engineer is a niche role responsible for customization of the IBM Brokerage product for different customers. This role is also responsible for building exclusive integrations of IBM Brokerage product with various IT infrastructure / services management products that exists in client environments. In this role, the engineer will be working on the design, coding, unit testing of various modules using technologies including, but not limited to, Java/J2EE, XML/XSD/JSON/Docker. Also, broad experience in standard product engineering development processes using various tools is expected in this role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum 5+ years IT experience in:
- IT service delivery & consulting experience
- Requirements Analysis
- Python, Flask Framework, REST API development in Python, JSON, Working in Agile/Scrum model, low-level design, coding and unit testing.
- REST API development•Hands-on experience in coding, unit testing, deployment, configuration of solutions involving customization / integration of products
- Exposure to container technologies like Docker
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
•Experience in infrastructure automation using AWS APIs or OpenStack APIs or VMWare products APIs is desirable
•Exposure in various deployment and hosting methods, support models and scripting languages is a big plus
•Chef, HEAT, YAML
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.