- City:NEW YORK
- Category:Design & Offering Management
- Required Education:Master's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:125086BR
The CIO Design group at IBM is dedicated to making the lives of IBMers easier, by designing intuitive user experiences for internal applications and communications.
IBM is looking for an experienced UX Designer that has a strong background in content creation. This person will be writing and designing communications that are sent internally within the CIO organization. Working alongside other communication writers, UX, and visual designers to create easy to read and attractive communication pieces. The candidate will meet with teams requesting our support to learn about their request and get an understanding of the content and design that is needed, using that information to create an effective communication piece. Content should be written to meet a set of standards such as order, clarity, style, and terminology.
· Ensure easy to read content that clearly tells the user what if any actions need to be taken.
· Collaborate with other communication writers, UX, and visual designers to create consistent styles for CIO communications.
· Use your UX design skills in assisting the team to create designs for applications and communications with CIO.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Above all, we are looking an applicant who thrives in an open, energetic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
To be considered, please provide a link to your online portfolio.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Master’s Degree in User Experience, Human Factors, or related Master degree field with experience in content writing.
· A least 3 plus years’ experience in writing content with an emphasis of user centered content.
· Demonstrated experience in communications
· Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
· Link to online portfolio on resume
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Watson Campaign Automation (formerly Silverpop).
- Experience in multi-media or writing storyboards for short videos.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.