Watson Health - Research Analyst II
- City:MULTIPLE CITIES
- Required Education:Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:127311BR
The Analyst II has a key role to provide analytic support to one or more business areas within Life Sciences: Outcomes Research, Economic Modeling, Literature Review, Value Dossier, and Market Analytics.
This position can be based in multiple cities. Preferred locations include: Raleigh, NC. - Cambridge, MA - Ann Arbor, MI. - Bethesda, MD. - Greenwood Village, CO
- Support Research Leaders in all aspects of projects
- Under the guidance of Research Leader and Lead Analyst, develop study protocol and file specifications
- Work closely with Programmer on most effective way to implement complex methodologies and build study analytic file.
- Use Treatment Pathways to conduct analyses
- Perform data investigation on diagnostic, descriptive, and statistical output throughout the course of each research project.
- Prepare deliverables for client presentation (final written reports, slide decks, technical memoranda, posters, podium presentations, and manuscripts).
- Attend regular client teleconference
- Provide key support with reviewing published literature and conducting data/information abstraction research to identify, collect, and summarize data for building health economic models.
- Support Research Leader in developing model specifications and conceptual model design.
- Under the guidance of Research Leader, develop economic models using Microsoft Excel (with Visual Basic macros) and other modeling software, such as TreeAge Pro.
- Apply principles of pharmacoeconomics to conduct economic modeling analyses, including cost-effectiveness/cost-utility analyses and budget impact analyses
- Draft deliverables for client presentation (summary memos, written reports, slide decks, abstracts, posters, podium presentations, and manuscripts).
- Attend regular client teleconference
- Support Research Leader with general project organization, day-to-day project management.
- Support Research Leaders in conducting gray literature searches, assembling protocols, screening for relevance, retrieving articles, developing data abstraction tool, supervising and editing article abstraction
- Draft literature summaries in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- Draft literature synthesis in Word or PowerPoint providing interpretation of the literature and observations of patterns and trends identified in a body of evidence
- Draft global and AMCP value dossiers
- Contribute to writing abstracts and manuscripts for publication
- Support the development of new proposals or sales opportunities as requested by Research Leaders
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4-5 years previous healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience related to pharmaceutical industry or health research.
- 3-5 years experience in conceptual understanding of data storage in relational and or flat file environments and exposure to SAS programming terminology.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2-5 years advanced experience using Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- 2-5 years experience with outcomes research, economic modeling, global value dossiers, patient report outcomes (PROs) and health technology assessments (HTAs) is highly desirable.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.