SRE / Site Reliability Engineer I
- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:129587BR
IBM Cloud (SoftLayer), provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. Our customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
IBM Cloud IaaS is currently searching for Site Reliability Engineers. The work days are Sunday thru Thursday OR Tuesday through Saturday. Our SRE Teams supports the systems that provide a best-in-class hosting platform. SREs are responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining complex solutions to meet the needs of the business and our customers. We are seeking individuals with demonstrated initiative who take pride in their work.
As an SRE 1, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Interfacing with customers on subject matters
- Managing proper customer expectations
- Day to day maintenance and upkeep of existing server fleet
- Update, test, and support software provisioning systems
- Work with internal customers to create and deploy solutions for new and existing services
- Configure and deploy systems to support new data center expansion
- Work with support and development teams to troubleshoot complex problems
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation and actively respond to escalations and alerts
- Must have flexible shift availability, including nights and weekends.
- First Shift (Day), Second Shift (Afternoon), Third Shift (Night).
- Subject to Essential Operations staffing policy, requiring availability 24/7/365
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years' experience in customer relations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in systems administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in troubleshooting
- Minimum 2 years' experience in enterprise level datacenter infrastructure management
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in systems administration
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in troubleshooting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.