Senior Managing Consultant, Digital Technology and Data Strategy
- City:MULTIPLE CITIES
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:128390BR
IBM partners with business leaders to reimagine their future….
We are seeking talented and highly motivated technology strategy consultants to join our fast-growing Digital Strategy practice within Global Business Services.
Be part of an innovative team of strategy consultants that help CEOs and the broader C-suite rethink their businesses and develop strategies that drive growth. We help senior executives determine where to compete, how to differentiate, and how to innovate business models by taking advantage of digital and emerging technologies. A successful candidate will have experience consulting to large enterprises in one or more of the following areas: Technology Strategy or Data Strategy.
We ask bold questions. We use analytics to find unique opportunities and help our clients think differently. We develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized. We design strategies through a digital lens and leverage the vast range of capabilities within IBM to help our clients succeed.
As a Senior Managing Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants
- Supporting business development activities such as proposal development
- Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice by supporting thought leadership and practice development activities
- Being part of a team that helps our clients build a new vision for their company
- Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value
- Promoting IBM’s unique value proposition in the market
Work locations include: New York Metro, San Francisco/Bay Area, Chicago, Washington DC Metro, Austin, and Boston
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this unique opportunity.
To learn more about our Digital Business Strategy Practice, click here.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience)
- 3 years working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements or equivalent experience (Tech Strategy, Capability Modeling, Enterprise Architects who focus on business architecture)
- 2 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 1 year of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- 3 years of industry experience in at least one industry
- Earned a Masters in Business Administration (strongly preferred) and/or another Masters or Advanced degree in business or technology
- Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week
- Fluent in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 10 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience)
- 5 years working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 2 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- 2 years of experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
- 4 years of industry experience in at least one industry