Product Marketing Manager-Security Intelligence-AI Product
- Category:Marketing & Communications
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:133082BR
Join the largest startup, and proven global leader, in the Security industry to protect our planet from emerging cyber threats. Tell the world how you, Watson and IBM Security fight to defend businesses, institutions and governments across 130 countries. Make a difference in everyday lives by safeguarding our most valuable information from corporate intellectual property to your family photos. Be a part of IBM’s rich history of innovation and research to deliver solutions built on the foundation of over 3,500 security patents. Are you ready to help us fight the bad guys?
As a Product Marketing Manager for our QRadar Security Intelligence portfolio focusing on QRadar with Watson, you will be responsible for the external positioning of our product, inbound and outbound marketing activities, and the creation of sales tools. The Product Marketing Manager will develop strategic marketing plans for our QRadar with Watson artificial intelligence capabilities through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and business planning. Working closely with offer management and R&D, you will craft the market facing messaging and positioning. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and sales results.
In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyer personas - how they buy and their buying criteria - and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. As a product champion in the market, you will help drive the product value proposition and gain insights that enable you to contribute to our broader go-to-market strategy. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
A Day in the Life Essentials:
Positioning - Identify and develop product positioning that uniquely differentiates IBM QRadar and its new Watson security capabilities as the leading artificial intelligence security solution.
Sales and marketing tools –Create collateral, whitepapers, presentations, videos, and blog posts, to communicate the value proposition of our products.
Product launches –Plan the market launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
Communications - Work with sales and marketing teams to broadcast our message to the market, across the organization, and our partner community.
Market intelligence - Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to beat them
Demand generation –Support the strategy and programs that create interest for the IBM QRadar with Watson solution.
Industry leadership - Represent the company at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, on social media, and as a spokesperson for analyst and press coverage.
Discover what you can do at IBM.
Product Marketing Mangers are located in IBM offices in Cambridge, MA.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of Security or applicable industry experience.
- 5+ years of product marketing, product management, tech sales or applicable experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate/align technical features to customer needs.
- Exceptional knowledge of sales, marketing and development processes.
- Demonstrated leadership, sales support, project management and training skills.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills including demonstration skills to handle many assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing, or equivalent industry experience.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in SIEM, security analytics or network security domains.
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills.
- Ability to listen to intended details attentively.
- Demonstrated people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Expert in forwarding thinking, market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Able to develop effective relationships and operate with senior level management.
- Efficiently work under pressures, deadlines, and stretch extra hours to complete assigned task.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.