GBS Advanced Analytics Consultant - IBM Services Integration Weather
- City:Multiple Cities
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:134204BR
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. As part of this strategy, IBM acquired The Weather Company to further its expertise around cloud platforms, expansion of data, and deep industry expertise.
The GBS Integration Team for The Weather Company and Watson Advertising is a group dedicated to developing innovative, creative solutions that bring together the assets of The Weather Company with the power of GBS' analytical solutions, cognitive assets and industry knowledge.
As a member of our team the successful candidate will get to work hands-on on the greatest and latest of Web, Machine Learning and Big Data technologies to address challenging business problems across industries. Tasks will include supporting technical sales efforts, solutioning, and project management. Role will be primarily based in NYC working alongside GBS and TWC teams.
Seeking Experience in:
- Strategy Consulting
- Business Development (soft skills & creative proposal design experience)
- Cognitive Computing and Machine Learning
- Project Delivery and Product Development
- Location data analytics and geospatial analytics experience
- Weather driven marketing (or significant interest)
- Prototype design experience (UX/UI)
Desired candidate will possess an outgoing, team-player, creative, self-motivated, and organized mentality with excellent follow through, time management, and leadership characteristics.
Must be willing to travel up to 25% Domestic or International.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 years analytics experience - core understanding of statistics, analytics methodologies and data modeling techniques
- 2 years experience using python, R, or comparable programming language
- 2 years experience in rapid prototyping including front-end UI
- Fluent in English
- Preferred location based in NYC Metro area
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 4 years analytics experience - core understanding of statistics, analytics methodologies and data modeling techniques
- 4 years experience using python, R, or comparable programming language
- 4 years experience in rapid prototyping including front-end UI
- 2 years of advanced advertising from either buy and sell-side and working knowledge of different technologies including DMPs, exchanges, and SSPs.
- 2 years of strong marketing analytics background and data-driven mindset
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.