Cyber Security Analyst/Incident Management
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:136258BR
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Cyber Watch Operations Certified Analyst, under general supervision, assists with security event monitoring, correlation, and daily event reporting within a tiered Security Operations Center.
· Experience with CND analyst toolsets to detect and respond to IT security incidents.
· Employ effective web, email, and telephonic communications to clearly manage security incident response procedures.
· Experience required in security or network technology (Unix/Windows OS, Cisco/Juniper Routing-Switching) within a hands-on Administration role.
· Demonstrates knowledge of TCP-IP protocol implementations for all common network services in addition to demonstrated capability to perform network packet analysis and anomaly detection.
· Professionally certified, within a CND discipline, as Technical Level I as defined by DODI 8570 is a requirement.
· DOD SECRET -needed Day 1
· Review Software Requirements -10%
· Develop and write code -80%
· Test software code and Participate in meetings conferences -each 5%
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 4 years of direct experience as a Security Analyst or SOC role within the last 3 years
· Combination of education and experience
· CSSP Analyst DoD 8570.01-m compliant
· One of the following Certifications (Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) b
o CyberSEC First Responder (CFA)
o GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
o GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
o GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
o GIAC Industrial Cyber Security Certification (GICSP)
o Cisco Cyber Security Specialist (SCYBER)
· Active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.