Technical Test Lead (Southfield)
- City:EAST LANSING
- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:138505BR
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We out think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Technical Test Lead is a 2-3 years of hands on role that requires strong experience in leading overall test effort including Test Planning, Test Execution, Defect management process, experience in test automation tools , Test methodologies and resource management.
You'll work directly work with client or IBM business units to design and develop overall Test Strategies for multiple small to medium size projects. You should have strong experience in analyzing requirements, identifying appropriate Test methodologies for the projects, leading Test teams, managing resources, monitoring testing process and resolving issues and risks .You should have experience in test management tools like RQM( Rational Quality Manager, JIRA etc and in Test Automation tools like Selenium, Appium etc and Mobile and Performance testing tools as well. . Solid experience in the SDLC and Agile methodologies is required.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our SOUTHFIELD center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in or be willing to relocate to MICHIGAN. The work location is 196 Crescent Rd, East Lansing, MI 48824. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands on experience as a Test Lead/Test Manager for 2-3 years.
- Strong experience in Test Planning and Test Execution 3- 5 years
- Strong experience in creating Test Strategy and planning artifacts 2- 3 years
- Experience in Test Automation tools like RFT/UFT/Selenium etc and test management tools like RQM, ReqPRo etc
- Strong Experience and understanding of Test Automation framework. Manual Testing Processes and various Test Methodologies and tools, test Metrics and status
- Experience in Estimating Test effort, resource requirements and budget
- Must be able to facilitate meetings to gather requirements and present solutions
- Excellent client interaction and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in resources management and in leading team of testers
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in creating Test Automation framework
- 1-2 years of experience in performance testing
- 1- 2 years of People Management experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.