Watson Client Experience Center Systems & QA Test Engineer
- City:NEW YORK
- Category:Software Development & Support
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:134839BR
Cognitive computing is poised to systematically transform how organizations think, act, and operate, with IBM Watson leading the charge in this revolutionary new era of computing. Be part of the team responsible for the flagship Client Experience Center in the Watson global headquarters at Astor Place in New York City! This state of the art facility can take our key clients through real world immersive cognitive computing experiences, various Watson live integrated systems, and provides innovation rooms for client discussions equipped with the most sophisticated collaboration technologies in the industry.
As a CEC Systems & QA Test Engineer, you will work to ensure systems and software are functioning according to specifications and client requirements to meet the business needs. Testing activities cover all aspects of the product/system including function/component, performance, system, regression, and service. You will demonstrate knowledge of the domain responsible for testing. Candidates will also be responsible for managing all of the site maintenance and design upgrades, collaboration suite installations and coupled with diverse IT, computing and A/V infrastructure within the Client Experience Center. We are looking for candidates who can engage with diverse teams as an independent professional, can articulate and compare alternatives approaches when troubleshooting problems. An individual who uses creativity, business acumen, and good judgment to apply to professional technical, or operational problems. Successful candidates will showcase the ability to independently generate solutions using their analytical skills & business knowledge all while challenging the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments or solutions.
Some of the responsibilities includes:
- Set up software test environments, design and plan testing activity, and develop test cases/scenarios/use cases, execute required testing.
- Troubleshoot and provide feedback on software usability, serviceability and documentation/report status to teams and leadership.
- Site owner of all A/V & live integrated systems.
- Responsible for server/network administration, security, firmware and systems upgrades, maintenance, installation and maintenance of custom solutions.
- Maintaining an extremely highly reliable and available infrastructure including designing system and software improvements and eliminating single points of failure.
- Maintaining records and drawing schematics of the Client Experience Center computing and IT infrastructure to detail what equipment is installed, who appropriate vendors are, ownership/overseeing of all relevant support contracts and creating extensive troubleshooting guides.
- Planning for capacity changes, maintaining corporate databases and ensuring compliance with government regulations.
- Assisting team members in planning any aspects of client visits as needed.
- Design system upgrades based on feedback from Client Experience Center Facilitators and Management.
- Proactively identify any issues and problems with the IT infrastructure or site software environments that need immediate focus and resolution.
- Perform root cause analysis on observed issues. Leverage key resources across IBM to resolve issues.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
5+ years of professional experience with:
- Datacenter experience with design, implementations and support.
- Experience in systems, storage, and network management.
- Familiar with testing methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Experience with setting up test environments, design and plan testing activity, develop test cases/scenarios/use cases, and/or execute required testing.
- Troubleshooting feedback on usability, serviceability and documentation and reporting status updates.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux OS.
- Experience in client facing and leadership facing environments where interaction was required.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues with technical and non-technical staff.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Systems Industry Professional certifications.
- Systems, Linux, Networking experience is highly desired!
- Experience with Audio Visual for large centers (particularly video routing over networks) is highly desired!
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.