Visual Designer for Watson IoT Platform
- Category:Design & Offering Management
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:141223BR
The world is getting Instrumented, Interconnected and Intelligent. Internet of Things now has an impact on almost every part of our lives. IoT impacts the way we experience our home, monitors our health, supports our mobility and our interactions with smarter things. IoT and cognitive analytics are reshaping and transforming the business and the way products, services and assets are managed. The IBM Watson IoT Platform is in the center of this digital transformation.
The Watson IoT Platform is an IBM Software As A Service (SaaS) offering in the IBM Cloud that enables a business to easily and securely connect instrumented products and devices, quickly build IoT applications that analyze data and draw business cognitive insights from any device source. The IoT Platform is a key service for IBM clients across multiple vertical industries that are transforming their business models to Internet of Things using smarter connected products and services. Learn more about Watson IoT at https://www.ibm.com/internet-of-things and about the Watson IoT platform at https://www.ibm.com/internet-of-things/spotlight/watson-iot-platform.
The Watson IoT Platform design team is a global team, responsible for the concept design, the user experience, and the visual design of the IoT platform. The team uses Design Thinking practices, work closely with our IoT Platform development teams, and with our design partners, to validate our designs and offerings.
We are looking for innovative, self-motivated, inspired visual designers that can provide a outstanding visual experience for the leading IoT platform on this leading edge market.
- Design integrated user experiences for Watson IoT Platform developers and operators
- Work with with global team member and development teams at a distance
- Work with agile principles when planning and delivering designs
- Work closely with front-end UI developers to provide necessary design assets and perfect the implementation of design
- Work with architects, product leads, subject matter experts, key stakeholders, and design sponsors
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory and iconography
- Demonstrated knowledge of web and mobile graphic techniques and production practices
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering
- Attention to design detail and the understanding of when and how to apply it
- Contribute in playbacks with internal teams and external design sponsors to receive constructive feedback on designs
- Travel to clients when needed for Design Thinking Research and Workshops
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated skills in Design Thinking practices
- Demonstrated skills in delightful, client facing and innovative visual designs
- Demonstrated skills in interface and user experience designs and best practices for web and mobility devices
- Demonstrated skills in visual design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Ability to work independently, when needed, as well as collaborate with a global cross- functional team
- Ability to conceptualize and quickly visual user experiences, present in-progress work for feedback
- Ability to handle multiple projects within tight deadlines and defined scope
- Knowledge of relevant plan and change management tools such as GitHub
- Experience to work with and develop design systems, generating graphic profiles and style guidelines
- Experience in best practices in typography, color theory, iconography, accessibility and information/data visualization
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in visual design, interaction design, or similar role with a customer or product focus
- Portfolio that displays a proven track record of delightful and innovative designs, as well as an attention to detail and passion for your craft