- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:120001BR
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a UI Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing front-end User Interfaces using Cloud Native technologies such as React and Angular, as well as supporting frameworks such as Spring Boot/Cloud
- Integrating front-end with back-end RESTful APIs.
- Providing support during discussions with prospective clients, help assess design needs for projects with senior designers, help to scope and craft design portion of proposals.
- Upon commencement of engagement, help run design thinking workshops to arrive at minimum viable product (MVP).
- With input from product management and development, designing for the best possible user experience of the MVP, while considering all client objectives, including evaluation of technology, Extreme Programming, and design thinking methods.
- Assisting in pulling together retrospective presentations to document for the client the value-add of design thinking to their specific project.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience designing all manner of software, including applications, web sites, mobile applications, etc.
- An understanding of 12 Factor App design principles, and experience designing and developing applications based on these principles.
- Experience working with Agile squads consisting of other IT Architects, Business Analysts, Developers, and Testers, with squads that are both co-located and distributed onshore and offshore.
- Experience and/or are comfortable in working on-site with commercial clients, and the ability to present to client IT and business stakeholders
- Working knowledge of a Continuous Delivery automated tool chain, including Agile task management, continuous build/integration/deploy, automated testing, environment provisioning, and monitoring.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 1-3 years integrating UIs and applications with RESTful APIs
· 1-3 years of experience imagining and mocking up innovative user experiences
· 1-3 years of experience crafting visions, MVP, personas, scenarios, storyboarding and wireframing
· 1-3 years of experience developing solutions on Linux/Unix/Windows platforms
· 1-3 years of experience working with Agile teams, including practice of Pair Programming and Test Driven Development
· 1-3 years of experience working with Continuous Delivery processes and tool automation
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· 1-3 years of experience implementing Microservices solutions on various hybrid cloud platforms, including Bluemix, AWS, and Azure
· 1-3 years of Visual Design experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· 1-3 years of experience of developing and documenting application design artifacts, and presenting these artifacts to other team members
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.