Research Staff Member, AI Design and Instantiation Lab
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Early Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Req ID:118066BR
Have you read about our recent announcement on MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab? Are you interested in shaping the future of AI? The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is one of the largest long-term university industry AI collaborations to date. Our Lab is a place where scientists, professors, and students collaborate to drive the frontiers of AI.
As part of the MIT-IBM Watson AI collaboration, the AI Design and Instantiation Lab in Cambridge, MA is looking for talented and curious scientists interested in developing new methods to facilitate the creation of intelligent systems.
We are specifically interested in scientists with interest and expertise in creating intelligent systems leveraging algorithms from:
- Deep learning (especially generative networks)
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical models for knowledge representation and reasoning
- Automated knowledge base creation
- Probabilistic programming
- Program induction
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- NLU, NLG, and QA systems
As an IBM Research Staff Member, you will lead a research agenda and communicate results to internal executive audiences and the academic community. We want to bring out the best in you and expect you to do the same to us. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of our team and the company.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise and experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go, Julia
- Advanced skill level in solving analytical problems using rigorous and quantitative approaches
- Advanced skill level in creating and applying AI techniques, such as machine learning, NLP, knowledge induction, machine reasoning
- Experience communicating your research in technical communities, such as publications in NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, KDD, or similar
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related technical fields
- Advanced skill level with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks including but not limited to Theano, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Contributing to open source projects
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.