MBA Grad – Enterprise Strategy Senior Consultant
IBM’s Enterprise Strategy practice advises clients on business transformation.
We help clients to solve their most important strategic challenges, working across IBM to:
• Build trusted strategic advisor relationships with CEOs and C-suite executives through business insights, strategic empathy, and a common language
• Drive business-driven “north star” visions that shape and guide enterprise transformation agendas to realize differentiated business strategies at scale
• Apply a value-oriented lens in envisioning, prioritizing and orchestrating major change programs engaging the broader capabilities of IBM
We guide the vision, value orchestration, and change management across client transformations, helping clients apply analytics, exponential technologies, and agile work models to drive impact at speed and scale.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant on the Enterprise Strategy team at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
What Do We Look For In A Successful Consultant At IBM?
- Curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions
- Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches to client problems
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to manage ambiguity and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
- Focus on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, create structure and coordination, while continuously sharing and incorporating feedback
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
- Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
Positions are based in one of the following IBM offices: Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver or Montreal.
This position has a flexible start date between January 2023 and August 2023 based on the graduation date of the candidate. The hiring team will discuss a suitable start date with candidates during the interview process.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an MBA program, with a graduation date between April 2020 to April 2023.
- Experience in consulting, in a start-up or other business environments
- Experience developing business cases, financial models, presentation materials, and communication assets
- Professional or academic experience (such as through full-time work, internships, and school projects) in operating model design, performance management, modern service optimization, marketing optimization, sales optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design
- Incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
- Working in an Agile environment and/or is Scrum/Agile/PM certified
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, in a start-up or other business environments
- Industry expertise in Financial Services, Public Sector and Government, Consumer Packaged Goods, Telecom, Retail, Travel & Transportation, Energy, Environment, Utilities, Insurance, Aerospace & Defense, Chemicals & Petroleum, and/or Electronics
- Functional expertise in operating model design, performance management, modern service optimization, marketing optimization, sales optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design