Have you heard about the IBM Garage? It’s a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. We use Enterprise Design Thinking, our industry-leading IBM Garage Methodology and IBM’s multidisciplinary experts in full speed from the start. We design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. Startup speed. Enterprise scale. We apply human-centric approaches to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.Your Role and Responsibilities
Garage Designers in IBM’s Garage are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will lead UX and customer / user journey design for prioritized use cases and minimal viable solutions.
You will synthesize research, client insights and requirements to craft user experiences that connect people with products, services and brands. You will apply information architecture, research and evaluation in user design.
You will facilitate and lead design sessions with clients and IBM team, using contemporary methods and tools.
An ideal candidate will connect the dots at both abstract and tactical levels; is empathetic and expressive, curious and creative
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be highly skilled in both visual and UX design; have excellent written communication and storytelling skills
- Apply IBM Design Thinking methods, translating requirements into hypotheses, research and facilitation to uncover meaningful connections with products
- Works in an agile, collaborative environment to recognise stakeholder requirements and ensure that designs address user pain points and serve the users with outstanding experiences
- Build and maintain close relationships with cross disciplinary IBM and client teams
- Work closely with senior leaders, explaining design decisions to build consensus
- Provide thought leadership among the network of Designers and client stakeholders
- Turn ideas into reality with a focus on innovation and development of new technology
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning by staying up to date on the latest design tools and methods
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years UX Design with an appreciation of the application of typographic skills, understanding of color and visual hierarchy, iconography and aesthetics
- At least 2 years as in a Lead Designer role with the capability of supporting non-designers mentally make their way through very new concepts and adjusting techniques to ensure all clients leave with a clear understanding of the value of design and their role in reaching the ideal user experience
- At least 2 years using design thinking and agile practices beyond software to all levels of business
- At least 3 years in a client facing role, including workshop facilitation to shepherd through the IBM Client Garage methods, anticipate client needs, and work with peers and executives to help the client have an excellent experience
- Fluent in German and English language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise