As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?Your Role and Responsibilities
Within IBM Consulting, the service line Enterprise Strategy represents the spearhead of IBM’s consulting business. At IBM Enterprise Strategy we combine traditional strategy consulting with our technology heritage and our design capabilities. This puts us in the pole position to support and advise in an ever-changing environment where organizations are challenged by technology-driven disruption.
In our strategy team for the public sector we advise our clients in the areas of government, social security and defense on designing and executing digital strategies to transform their organization, products and services to better deliver on their strategic objectives. We span the front and back-office, balancing public sector-specific insights with proven use cases, solutions, and outcomes for our clients’ digital transformation, provision of citizen services, organizational performance, operational efficiency as well as societal and environmental impact.
We work side by side with our clients in inter-disciplinary teams to create new value through emerging technologies, including data analytics and artificial intelligence, quantum computing, or blockchain. With our proven technology assets, methodologies, partnerships and research capabilities, IBM is uniquely positioned to help our clients navigate this shift. We design best-in-class digital strategies, quickly implement them in a test & learn approach with world leading experts and orchestrate the value creation throughout the transformation.
As an advisor within Enterprise Strategy, you work at the forefront of digital transformation of our clients. In your daily work, you will be part of a highly motivated team that is responsible for developing tomorrow’s digital strategies. You will grow and leverage your competencies by combining strategic thinking with creativity to transform organizations to seize new opportunities.
You will work on our clients’ digital reinvention journeys across multiple stages of IBM’s engagements, including:
– Analyzing clients’ challenges and objectives
– Designing a digital target picture
– Envisioning value generating, digital initiatives by applying design-driven and user centric methodologies, together with design and technology experts
– Evaluating initiatives based on solid business cases and KPIs
– Shaping a digitalization roadmap and accompanying the client throughout the implementation of envisioned initiatives
Take this opportunity to boost your career, grow personally, contribute to the sustainable transformation of organizations, and work on exciting projects in the public sector from strategy to execution. Join us and make a difference for public organizations, citizens and the environment.
As a Managing Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
• Leading multi-disciplinary teams of talented consultants in small or medium-sized project engagements
• Leading business development activities such as proposal development and shape future growth, driving 6-18 months out transformative agendas with our priority clients
• Driving the growth and eminence of the practice by shaping thought leadership (e.g., Industry PoVs on organizational agility, digital strategy execution and transformation, innovation and digitization of citizen services and products, sustainability)
• Building strong long-term relationships with purpose in the public sector as strategy and “value lead” for our clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt best-in-class approaches and innovative solutions to our public sector client challenges
• Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovation solutions, with a strong bias for action
• Strong problem-solving capabilities as well as deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
• Ability to design and execute digital transformation strategies for our public sector clients, co-piloting with a team across IBM’s different capabilities
• Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
• Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
• Excellent strategy consulting record (e.g., MBB or Big4, Corporate Strategy) with at least 4 years of relevant experience developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements
• Deep understanding of the Public Sector (e.g., value definition, financials, ways of operating, organization, innovation, impact of technology, paths to deliver new capabilities, and how to effectively drive transformative change) and relevant experience in leading projects in public sector strategy projects (at least 1 year of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Fluency in German and English in both verbal and written communication
• Excellent academic record
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Work experience with government clients where the role of technology is already pronounced and / or you have a good understanding of key technologies shaping today’s environment.