Entry Level – Associate Data Scientist (Commercial)
As an Associate Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWork you could do as an Associate Data Scientist:
- Implement and validate predictive and prescriptive models, create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques in your projects.
- Write programs to cleanse and integrate data in an efficient and reusable manner.
- Use leading edge and open-source tools such as Python, R, and TensorFlow, combined with IBM tools and our AI application suites.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs and appropriate modelling techniques to provide analytical solutions.
- Evaluate modelling results and communicate the results to technical and non-technical audiences.
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to look at things differently, debug, troubleshoot, design and implement solutions to complex technical issues.
- Strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and experience with a programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- Basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, Python, or SAS, SPSS, MATLAB.
- Basic understanding of Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work or internship experience using data science tools in a corporate environment.
- Interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies.
- Willingness to travel up to 100% of the time.
Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Operations Research, Engineering
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise