At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Project Manager will be responsible for delivering the project from the phase of inception to closure. This person will work on complex projects which are typically of higher risk (technical, organizational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Like Sciences.
Job Role:Responds appropriately to urgent technical support situations and procedures with quick and effective solutions to business problems. This includes after hours work as needed.
· Be able to lead project teams and track the deliverables and milestones closely, bring to the attention of the client and all stakeholders of the priorities. Manage Scope, Schedule, Budget.
· Be able to understand deliverables and assess their quality. Be well versed with activities that make up a given service (e.g. Security Services, MW Management services, Discovery, Insight, etc). Relate relevant services to the SOW and manage the dependencies that may exist across external teams.
Experience related to one or more of : product development and launch, business process optimization, technology transfer, regulatory submission and/or regulatory compliance, and/or quality assurance.
· Have sound knowledge on the “definition of done” for a given service.
· Experience in Life Sciences. Experience as a Scrum Master.
· Leads innovation/creativity discussions: Ex Design Thinking, Agile, Cloud Platforms.
The successful candidates for this position will become members of our extended Client Innovation Team. You will work closely across the CIC network to delight our customers with leading edge solutions with a keen focus on quality and client satisfaction. In addition to strong collaboration across the team, you will be virtually integrated into our deep learning and knowledge program as well as employee engagement across NA. Targeted locations include: Bloomington & Peoria IL; Fort Wayne, South Bend & Indianapolis IN, Toledo, Columbus & Cincinnati OH and Madison & Milwaukee WI. For this role, there is a strong preference for candidates located in Indianapolis, IN. Additionally, some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. US Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and client relationship building at the client site, (Monday thru Friday), as well as subsequent travel for key milestones or project initiatives. Travel is generally no more than 50% of the time.