Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic leader to Head our Consumer Subscription Business which has achieved ~1M subscribers in less than 2 years. The leader will be responsible for aggressively growing our weather subscriptions, across all three of The Weather Company’s consumer-facing brands, including The Weather Channel, Weather Underground, and Storm Radar through acquisition, retention and partnerships. The Head of Subscriptions will set the go forward strategy and be accountable for the execution of the strategy to deliver net subscriber growth, revenue growth, and lifetime value.
We’re looking for a leader who has a growth mindset, can operate with a sense of urgency and purpose, and who will roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The right candidate will have 3-5 years of consumer subscriptions experience and the technical and analytical know-how to derive hypothesis, test theories, and deliver results.
The Head of Subscriptions will drive all elements of the consumer weather subscriptions business in cross-functional cooperation with Product Development, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Business Development. This role will have a close partnership with the CRO and be expected to contribute accurate and meaningful forecasts. The role will report directly to the CEO of The Weather Company, an IBM Business.
Duties will include:
● Build the overall strategy for the Consumer Subscription Business across all brands
● Develop and execute the plan to identify, reach, convert, and retain subscribers
● Responsible for achieving sales and revenue goals
● Grow market share in the weather subscription category and achieve # of subscriber goals
● Delivery of acquisition plans to drive new conversions to subscriptions – via TWC free apps as well as via 3rd party partnerships
● Delivery of retention plans to drive engagement, increase retention and extend the lifetime value of subscribers
● Determine product roadmap and technology stack needed to execute against vision and goals including fulfillment
● Drive the strategy for partnerships with 3rd party subscription partners to drive growth via co-marketing, bundling, content acquisition, and technologies
● Work with CRO to set pricing and discounting strategy
● Build relationships with our subscribers through CRM tools, customized features, products, and other member benefits
● Reporting & Analysis: Regularly updating internal stakeholders on performance and needs for the subscriptions business
● Manage key internal partnership with Customer Service, focusing on creating premium experience for our subscribers
● Must be a player/coach willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
● 3-5 years experience running a consumer-facing subscription service, including background in mobile apps and web properties
● Knowledge of the full subscription funnel including all financial elements (i.e. payments, taxes, etc)
● Strong program manager, problem solver, with the ability to shift between strategic, project management and execution tasks
● Ability to manage effectively in a fast paced, matrixed environment
● Technical expertise in digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, AirLytics, etc.)
● Top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail
● Goal-oriented, data-drive, and errs on the side of action
● Effective communicator who can lay out vision and strategy and represent the business across TWC, IBM and externally.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
● 7+ years’ Product management experience
● 3+ years’ Digital marketing/campaign experience
● Finance or Business background