Lead z/OS Software Developer
Do you have a passion for software development and testing and applying modern engineering practices?
We are looking for qualified software development professional to be part of our IBM Z Systems team, to help us take z/OS development to the next level on the mainframe. Candidates will work closely with teammates to provide a world-class infrastructure on z/OS platform with the reliability, availability, serviceability, and security, that exceeds our clients’ expectations. The z/OS development team operates as a self-directed Agile squad with all team members working collaboratively throughout our development and test processes.
If you thrive in an open, vibrant, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire to work on high performing team this is an opportunity for you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join an innovative team to design, develop and perform function/system verification test for the Z Series Operating System(z/OS) which runs IBM mainframe computers!
You will work in an agile, collaborative and cross-discipline environment employing IBM’s Design Thinking. As a member of a team, you will work on the following z/OS components: Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) is a base component that provides facilities for all aspects of host-based software development and many use ISPF exclusively for performing work on z/OS.
- Designing, coding and unit/function/system testing of new development projects and defect fixes following z/OS process and procedures
- Packaging and shipment of temporary and official fixes as well as new releases using the required tools
- Ensuring new development and defects are resolved within established time frames based on the priorities assigned
- Interfacing with other teams and occasionally clients to gather additional information
- Working in collaboration with other groups and teams daily
- Understanding our internal development infrastructure and best practices
- Practicing Lean and Agile development principles
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven collaborative skills in a team-based environment with an understanding of Agile concepts.
- BS degree in fields related to Software Engineering (for example, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering)
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, and software development skills
- Solid understanding of operating system components, workflow, & product life cycles
- Proven depth of experience with programming languages – C,C++, Java, Python, Assembler
- Knowledge of TSO, JCL
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical leadership in software development teams
- Knowledge of PL/X language, Assembler
- Basic knowledge of CLIST, REXX and ISPF
- DFSMS and/or UNIX files and commands (for ISPF roles)