Senior Java Developer IBM CIC
As a Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!Your Role and ResponsibilitiesYou will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. Your role will involve:
- Development for specific systems on a range of platforms including Linux, Microsoft and various mobile environments
- Working within the entire development life-cycle including design, build, and coding
- Using object-oriented programming languages and tools to deliver a range of solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of Java (8) Spring or NodeJS
- Experience in Software Design Patterns
- Experience of Database technologies such as Mongo Postgres MySQL
- Git and Git branching strategies
- Strong understanding and experience of APIs RESTful services and micro service Architectures
- TDD & BDD
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, for you to be eligible for this role, you must have the valid right to work in the UK for at least a 2-year period prior to applying. For certain projects, all applicants must be British nationals with 5 years of unbroken residency, ideally 10 years.
Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.