At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
A Technical Sales Representative role (what we internally call a ‘Brand Technical Specialist’) means a career where you’re leading prospective clients towards the era of hybrid cloud and AI – helping our clients transform their business. We build and scale with trust and transparency to drive digital transformation, deliver personalized customer experiences and help enterprises make more data-backed decisions. It means you’ll be directly impacting our clients’ adoption of next-generation hybrid cloud platforms to develop, run and manage workloads of some of the worlds most influential enterprises and brands.
Our excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM’s products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Technical Specialist, you’ll be the go-to subject matter expert, collaborating with colleagues across the wider Sales team – advising and supporting on client engagements throughout the entire sales process.
IBM’s Technology organization is currently seeking Brand Technical Specialists with experience in one of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Science, Internet of Things, Security or System Hardware solutions.
We’re passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a ‘day-in-the life’ of this role may include, but not be limited to…
- Developing strategies for clients in the design and technical build-out of the infrastructure, applications, and management of the environments on the IBM Cloud.
- Defining and detailing feasible IBM solutions that complement and enhance clients’ existing tech stacks.
- Delivering proof of concepts and simplifying difficult, technical topics into understandable client education.
- Consultatively building credibility and trust at all levels, internally and externally, to close highly complex technology deals.
Locations : Toronto, Markham, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable experience of successfully navigating the assigned industry sector to consultatively sell technology solutions against complex use-cases.
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively to translate business goals into technical solutions and advising teams on optimal technology strategies to achieve business results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven record of influencing consensus across diverse groups of senior stakeholders within enterprises.
- You are a self-starter who’s curious and not afraid of a challenge while challenging others around you.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Industry knowledge in one of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Science, Internet of Things, Security or System Hardware solutions in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients’ credible, trusted advisor. Training on IBM’s offerings is provided.
- Programming / development and/or Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, …) proficiency is a plus.