Senior SIOC Consultant – Security Intelligence and Operations Center
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAre you a security guru who loves a challenge? We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Consultant within our Security Intelligence and Operations (SIOC) practice. Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other company has the powerful combination of talent, industry-leading security technology, global reach and cognitive capabilities—powered by Watson—to combat cybersecurity threats.
IBM is looking to expand our Security Intelligence & Operations (SIOC) competency in our MEA practice which focuses on helping our clients build their security intelligence and operations centers from setting a strategy/roadmap, or optimizing an existing Security Operations Center (SOC) using our proven methodology.
Our goal in our SIOC practice is for our consultants is to become a “trusted advisor” to our clients, that can speak to all levels of client management from security analysts to director / c-level executives, in the areas of security intelligence and operations including advance persistent threats (APTs) relevant to our clients industry, advanced security controls, incident response process and procedures, metrics and analytics, with knowledge of various security technologies such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and incident response tools.
In this role, you will partner with other IBM consultants from other IBM practices to deliver the best possible solution to our clients. You will be responsible for leading workshops to assess the security capabilities of a client, or lead discussions in a pre-sales, sales capacity, or respond to Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Tender (ITT) as well as leading, managing and delivering our SIOC services to our clients.
- Demonstrate credentials in one of the core security domains and also represent overall IBM security services capabilities
- Work closely with the solution design teams in developing client presentations and Statement of Works (SOWs)
- Become a recognized thought leader in one of the core security domains, utilizing conferences, white papers, client presentations to build awareness of IBM credentials
- Use your expertise in the security industry to contribute content and advice to the offering development process
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Work in a matrix management model
- Manage multiple client engagements or projects
- Lead and deliver a project based on different project methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, or client model)
- Lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Lead and shape client expectations
- Effective writing, communication and presentation skills
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Willing to travel up to 75% or as needed by client(s).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in management consulting and systems integration in a top tier professional services firm
- At least 2 years of experience working in projects related to Security Intelligence and Operations (SIOC)
- Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience working with Security practitioners
- Readiness to travel up to 75%
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of experience in management consulting and systems integration in a top tier professional services firm
- At least 5 years of experience working in projects related to Security Intelligence and Operations (SIOC)
- Experience in working international deployment roles
- Master’s Degree