Semiconductor Process Integration Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Front–End–Of–Line (FEOL) process integration engineer who can work in a highly multi–disciplinary, multi–cultural environment at our Albany Research location. This candidate will be leading and supporting FEOL research and development activities, focusing on process development and yield improvement. This individual will work to develop and mature novel processes and integration schemes to build innovative transistor structures that demonstrate the desired performance and yield benefits for future semiconductor technology nodes. In this role, the candidate will collaborate with other individuals and functional teams, define silicon plans, address issues, develop improvement plans, and document and deliver the desired end results. Occasional responsibilities include designing electrically testable macros for test vehicle creation using industry standard layout software.
The selected candidate is expected to work directly with other process integration engineers, device engineers, unit process engineers, operations teams, tool vendors, enablement organization, technology assurance organization and various other teams that support operations and research activities in our Albany Research facility.
Main Duties for This Role:
- Design and conduct experiments by running Si hardware to optimize the integration of the processes
- Track progress of hardware to ensure desired outcomes
- Analyze data to determine best conditions to optimize the process
- Identify issues and recommend solutions to improve performance and yield
- Design macros and circuits to evaluate various layouts
- Create Intellectual Property (IP) and publish learning
- Condense and present analyses and reports
- Identify and drive opportunities for operational and quality improvements
- Oversee and maintain process controls and operational documentation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- More than one (1+) year of experience in Research & Development in the Semiconductor Field
- Silicon hardware execution experience
- Demonstrate understanding of device physics of semiconductors
- In–depth knowledge of Front–End–Of–Line (FEOL) semiconductor devices
- Demonstrate understanding of semiconductor fabrication process
- Proven analytical skills to interpret physical and electrical data
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding of Design of Experiment (DOE) methodologies
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Hands–on experience running lots in an advanced semiconductor fab environment a plus
- Basic understanding and experience using operation–related manufacturing execution systems (MESs) for creating/manipulating process routes and data collection
About Business Unit
IBM Research is the organic growth engine of IBM and an innovation engine for our customers and partners. As part of this mission, IBM Research anticipates and examines ‘What’s Next in Computing’ to ultimately create and integrate the technologies the world relies upon to solve big challenges and unlock new opportunities. We create and pioneer new markets for IBM, our partners and customers as exemplified in our ongoing quest to reach practical and large-scale quantum computing. Across IBM Research, we realize the power and potential to accelerate discovery with our partners and clients by combining the power of high performance computing, AI, and Quantum, all integrated through the hybrid cloud.