(2023 Campus Hire) Application Developer
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships, meaningful impact, and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Application Developer at IBM, you’ll work with clients to co-create solutions to major real-world challenges by using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products to translate system requirements into the design and development of customized systems.
You are required to involve with the process, life cycle and creation of the software solution to our clients in their businesses. You will work closely with critical stakeholders in using languages such as Java or .NET to develop the necessary specifications for software. You may also test, debug and improve generally faulty applications for clients.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Working across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality, scalable products, and interfaces for our clients
- Employing IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability
- Working with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery)
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a viable product
- Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The below is only a guideline – if you have transferable skills that can be applied to this role, apply anyway! At IBM, if you have the passion and drive, we will support your learning.
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering, Information Technology, Business or related fields
- Knowledge of programming languages including Java, Microsoft .NET, or COBOL
- Fluent in Chinese reading, listening, writing
- No Working Experience is Required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Practical Knowledge of Agile Development, Scrum, Kanban Method
- Experience of development in large scale web applications or IBM mainframe system (Ex.IMS, CICS, TSO, JCL and debug tools).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity requirement and communicate effectively.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions strongly desired.
Key Job Details
- Category:Technical Specialist
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Entry Level
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(0134) IBM Taiwan Corporation
- Req ID:605783BR
- Travel Required:Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)