Ingénieur Recherche ML/IA – IBM Research France – H/F
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe IBM Paris Research Laboratory has several open positions for highly motivated Research Scientists with strong expertise in Machine Learning and applications to Decision Support, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Human-Machine interaction, and large language models. The Research Scientists will work in a global team, in tight collaboration with scientist and engineers located in Paris, Zurich, and US, to develop knowledge and language models for client applications, as well as to publish innovative research in top AI and ML conferences.We are looking for multiple positions to fill and particularly interested in the following areas of research and development:
- AI automation for business applications.
- Knowledge extraction from documents for Knowledge Graph creation/completion.
- Improvement to state-of-the-art deep learning methods, ranging from supervised methods, self-supervised approaches, as well as fully unsupervised methods.
- Tackling the low-resource and cold start problems by data augmentation and data synthesis (including diffusion methods).
- Transfer learning.
- Implementation of large scale data ingestion and multi-stage ML pipelines into a managed service, accounting for execution performance, robustness, etc.
A unique aspect of our projects is the opportunity to work with clients and make impact to their core business extending state-of-the-art methods to work on their data. You will also have access to HPC and Cloud infrastructure equipped with recent variants of GPUs and many other resources and tools. The technology created in our team is powering IBM mainstream products, such as IBM Cloud Pak for Business Automation, Maximo Visual Inspection, Watson CoreML, or Deep Search platform, with significant business impact.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us, you will find an open and multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If you are interested in these exciting positions, please submit your application.
We encourage candidates to also share a 3-minute video, in which they introduce themselves, as well as highlight their motivation and expertise. However, the video is not mandatory.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PhD/Master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, NLP, computer vision or a related technical field
- Strong experience in software development
- Practical experience with Machine Learning / Deep Learning frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow
- Practical experience with data management tools
- Team player, self-motivated with a passion for technology and innovation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in one or more of the following: REST APIs, distributed computing, test automation, CI/CD, self-supervised learning, hands-on experience with Foundation Models, cloud native deployment of AI applications
- 3+ years of proved programming experience in Python (or equivalent C/C++ experience)
- Independent researcher with the ability to effectively communicate and flexibly collaborate in a fast-paced team environment