Fab Operations Expeditor, Night Shift
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesIBM Research at Albany Nanotech is currently seeking a Fab Operations Expeditor. This Expeditor will work with an engineering team to maintain a high-level of focus on experimental lots identified as high priority, identifying and removing roadblocks as they arrive. This work will take place in the 300mm NYCREATES Albany facilities, which is a collaborative work environment with IBM engineers and partners in a complex multi-party R&D operational environment, requiring close collaboration with NYCREATES. This Expeditor will spend approximately 75% of their time in the cleanroom environment tracking critical lots.
This position is for a night shift alternate work schedule: 12 hours day, 3 days working/4 days off; 4 days working/3 days off. Individuals must be willing to work any night shift and cross over with the day shift. The Albany facilities runs 24×7, and IBM must provide support for all shifts.
Strong communication and negotiation skills are required for this role. The successful expeditor will be excited to meet new challenges and exhibit a high-level of interest in understanding and solving complex technical problems.
- Tracking lots requiring fast through put to meet program deliverables
- Work and communicate with various teams, respecting the rules of engagement of the different partner relationships
- Ensuring high through put and high quality processing
- Involved in training activities to build a proactive, engaging team
- Take engineering advisement to establish priorities between activities and resources in order to meet Fab and program goals and act on those priorities
- Provide suggestions for longer term solutions to Fab operations challenges, by recommending changes to protocols and procedures
- Use SiView to track and move wafers through the fab
- Maintain a safe work environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Associate degree
- Experience with basic manufacturing and production concepts
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting technical or procedural issues
- Clear and effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be able to work weekend shift
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- One (1) year of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or other technical area
- Technical knowledge and understanding of semiconductor processes and tool sets
- Working knowledge of industry and management methodologies focused on continuous improvement in manufacturing, such as SPC, SiView or Six Sigma