Failure Analysis Technician – night shift
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research at Albany Nanotech is currently seeking for a technician working in failure analysis (FA) lab. Technician will work with the lead engineer to perform basic operation of FA tools to identity the failure site of an integrated circuit chip or chiplet. FA tools include optical and electrical microscope, mechanical polishing wheel, probe station, Scanning electron microscope (SEM) and Focus Ion Beam (FIB). This job requires candidate to work on alternate week shift (AWS) at night shift. Week 1 (Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat – 7pm to 7am each day) & Week 2 (Sun, Wed, Thu – 7pm to 7am each day).
Candidates with a degree in the fields of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) are encouraged to apply. Join IBM for the state-of-the-art semiconductor technology development, learn from and work with the world class experts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
1) Strong verbal and written communication skill
2) Strong computer skills, Microsoft office
3) Strong comprehension of 3D structure and its 2D cross-section
4) Steady hands to handle small objects
5) Basic understanding of chemistry and physics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
1) Prior experience in semiconductor industry. (Basic knowledge ~ 6 months)
2) Understanding of basic integrated circuit. (Basic knowledge ~ 6 months)
3) Operation of SEM/FIB/probe station/microscope (Basic knowledge ~6 months)