Partner Technical Sales Specialist – Cloud Platform – Midwest
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about working somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? IBM has been recognized by Gartner for our investments in public cloud, hybrid cloud, and specifically tackling the challenges of regulated environments where cloud adoption has been slow. IBM’s industry-focus and long history of serving clients with these complex challenges has made IBM a recognized leader for cloud in this marketplace. We are looking for passionate and experienced individuals to help us deliver on this vision with our clients. So, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for cloud architects to join our IBM Cloud Platform Technical Sales team. The candidate will have demonstrated experience architecting, implementing, and supporting a broad range of workloads in IaaS and PaaS clouds, as well as experience in a customer facing, consultative technical sales related role.
The Cloud Architect will be able to develop strategies for and assist customers in the design and technical buildout of the Infrastructure, Applications, and Management of the environments on the IBM Cloud. The Cloud Architect will provide innovative design solutions leveraging Bare Metal Servers, Virtual Servers, VMware vCenter, Kubernetes and Serverless computing and associated cloud services to meet the complex set of client requirements across public, private and hybrid cloud models. We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual to help us deliver next generation solutions to our clients.
This is a technical, hands-on customer-facing role. Candidates must have the ability to earn the trust of customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer. We’re looking for builders to help us innovate the future of IBM cloud computing. Candidates for the job should possess excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to efficiently multi-task.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated solution design experience working with public, private and hybrid cloud models.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-facing, consultative technical sales or professional services organization.
- Cloud networking or cloud-based networking solution design experience.
- Solid understanding of IBM Cloud Computing Services (IaaS and PaaS).
- Experience working with business teams to translate business goals into reliable technical solutions and advising business teams on optimal technological strategies to achieve business results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven track record of building consensus across diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Tackle challenges with a solutions-oriented, systems thinking approach.
- Ability to drive progress independently as well as problem solve collaboratively.
- Ability to be flexible and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Kubernetes, OpenShift, Microservices, API’s, automation.
- IBM Cloud Databases.
- VMware VCF/VCS, NSX.
- Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) and IBM Classic Infrastructure.
- Local and Global balancing strategies using IBM Cloud LBaaS to deploy highly available cloud native applications into the IBM Cloud.
- Certifications: Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration/RedHat OpenShift Operator Certification, Certified Kubernetes Administrator.
Key Job Details
- City:Multiple Cities
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Entry Level
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
- Req ID:623600BR
- Travel Required:Up to 40% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
- Projected Minimum Salary:$92,000 per year
- Projected Maximum Salary:$92,000-$172,000/year per year