IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Quantum is an industry first initiative to build universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science. This effort includes advancing the entire quantum computing technology stack and exploring applications to make quantum broadly usable and accessible. With a worldwide network of Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, researchers, educators, and enthusiasts, we are committed to driving innovation for our clients in the IBM Quantum Network and the Qiskit community.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM Quantum, you will be part of the Workforce and Community team whose mission is to grow the quantum computing workforce in collaboration with clients, partners, local stakeholders to grow the quantum ecosystem in Korea. As an IBM Quantum Korea Technical Enablement Lead, you will be responsible for engaging IBM Quantum partners, their members, and users, to educate and build quantum skills, enable research and development on IBM Quantum systems, drive adoption and grow the quantum ecosystem in Korea.
In addition, your role is to lead community building initiatives in Korea with a focus on growing our open source Qiskit user-base working in close collaboration with IBM Quantum researchers, developers, and our partners. In this role, you must have passion not only for technology but also with connecting people and seeing individuals grow and assume leadership roles in the global quantum ecosystem.
The ideal candidate must also possess communication skills appropriate for engagement with developers and scientists but must also be able to articulate complex concepts clearly to a non-technical audience. You must be a dot connector to collaborate across many internal and external audiences as a Korea Ecosystem Technical Enablement Lead for IBM Quantum, comfortable with complex problem solving, and able to work independently to set your day-to-day priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop scalable workforce development strategy and education programs for clients and partners.
• Delivery of Technical Enablement Work with various stakeholders inside and outside of the organization to define and deliver on goals.
• On the ground support for system deployment and maintenance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• A PhD or master’s degree in quantum information, physics, computer science, mathematics, or a related STEM discipline.
• 3+ years of experience in business or technology strategy consulting, with demonstrable experience with clients.
• Familiarity with the quantum computing academic and industrial ecosystem in Korea.
• Experience in community building, through formal work or volunteer programs.
• Collaborating efficiently, as well as make creative decisions autonomously.
• Fluency in both English and Korean is required for this role.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• A PhD or master’s degree providing the relevant background in quantum mechanics and/or quantum information processing such as physics, mathematics, computer sciences is a prerequisite.
• Have a strong background in Python development and quantum science.
• Education and experience on topics related to equity, diversity, and inclusion