A career in IBM Software means you’ll be part of a team that transforms our customers challenges into solutions.
We are an infinitely curious team, always seeking new possibilities, and dedicated to creating the world’s leading AI-powered, cloud-native software solutions. Our renowned legacy creates endless global opportunities for our network of IBMers. We are a team of deep product experts, ensuring exceptional client experiences, with a focus on delivery, excellence, and obsession over customer outcomes.
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Design is an essential profession—an imperative thread—interwoven through the various functions and segments of the business. Design is a driver of improved outcomes, contributing to business value for our clients and for IBM. Our designers work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. IBMers have a growth mindset and work in teams to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. We showcase ownership and independence throughout the design process and seek understanding of strategic goals to create beautiful and functional products. At IBM you will be joining us in serving as a responsible technology innovator and an influence for good in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic visual design lead to join our team building the Multi-Cloud SaaS platform (MCSP) and onboarding numerous products to the platform.
MCSP enables teams across IBM Software to make their products available as a service on a variety of hyperscalers. Whether it is IBM Cloud, AWS or others, MCSP accelerates our teams’ ability to make their products marketplace ready. Our customers will be empowered to discover, learn about, try and buy IBM SaaS from the marketplace of their choice. In addition, they can enjoy the flexibility, consistency and efficiency of a common digital experience and common management tools for all their SaaS regardless of the cloud where it runs.
In this role you will be a hands on expert in visual design, capable of working with User Experience designers, Design Researchers and Developers to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and other design software are a must.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions.
- Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience.
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users.
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to deliver to engineering for implementation.
- Collaborate on user experience planning with the team’s UX leads and consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders.
- Participate in user research activities to understand stakeholders and users, promote a user first approach and evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking.
- Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 7+ years of visual design experience for enterprise applications and software administration. A minimum of 5+ years experience as a design lead and a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the SaaS and cloud space (e.g. SaaS administration, consoles, catalogs, marketplace listings, product marketing pages, etc.)
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills, knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory, page layout, and iconography, a strong foundation in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools as well as a disciplined attention to detail.
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma and Adobe creative suite. An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design. Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with design and technology trends and an understanding of interface and user experience design best practices.
- Great communication and presentation skills. Comfortable in handling multiple projects, deadlines and working on a dynamic cross-functional team that is co-located and remote.
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ year of experience in visual, interactive, or UX design.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to Motion Graphics.
- Demonstrated experience with Collaboration across Creative Design teams.
- Demonstrated Design Thinking experience.