At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
The procurement department is the one that manages the process of supplier selection, organises competitive bids, handles contract negotiation and manages overall the supplier relationships. IBM Bulgaria’s Procurement Center is the second largest IBM Procurement Center for the entire Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region. We have a variety of experts working with both operational and strategic scope.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Have you ever wondered what Procurement means? Do you want to understand more about supplier relations and how they operate, which the Procurement Buyer daily tasks are? Do you want to understand the basics of negotiations and tenders management?
If the answer is yes, please apply now to IBM’s Procurement Academy Program. It is a 4-month-long, completely free IBM-designed educational program, which will provide you with wide-reaching insights about the world of procurement and how it leads to client success and drives growth through delivering the best overall value for an organization.
The program aims to help students in their upskilling and growth through new knowledge and experience, expanding their network and developing the newly-obtained skills with several practical activities.
- When: February 2024 – May 2024 – one session per week
- Format: Lectures – online / Practical sessions – in the office
- Requirements for program completion: 80% attendance and assignment submission
- Who: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students across a variety of majors (i.e., Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Humanitarian Studies, etc.) with intermediate or advanced English skills.
Topics that the academy will cover: procurement process and how to create tenders, contracting basics, negotiation skills, supplier relationship management, procurement operations and data analytics.
How to apply: Just use the apply button. Please, make sure to attach an updated CV, containing detailed information about your studies, skills and areas of interest.
By Joining and completing this program, you will:
• Receive a certificate
• Gain valuable insights through dedicated seminars and practical tasks
• Build a professional network and be engaged in a multi-cultural environment while learning and having fun
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluency in English
- Motivation and eagerness to learn
- Being an active student in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of studies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise