At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Salesforce Application Engineering Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for leading, managing and supporting a team of architects, engineers, administrators, and business analysts in support of applications hosted within the second largest global Salesforce implementation. This team will be stewards of these applications from inception to retirement. They will provide innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems and prepare overall project recommendations.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Collaborate with other technical leaders and provide technical and architectural guidance for various existing and planned Salesforce applications and service delivery including platforms, middleware, 3rd party services, and databases.
- Hire, onboard and retain top-tier Salesforce Technical architects, engineers, administrators, and business analysts.
- Set consistent quality standards for development and configuration deliverables
- Work with application technical product owner to deliver consistent, predictable, quality deliveries by supporting user story refinement, technical requirements, and constant communication
- Define and manage application management end-to-end services, functional capabilities, and business outcomes delivered on the Salesforce platform.
- Define metrics and report on performance indicators and risk factors of modules in sustainment.
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce in order to get ahead of potential impacts to existing functionality.
- Support documentation of application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Guide technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Collaborate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
- Leverage customer service consulting mindset to provide consistent, detailed communication for our business customers
Years of Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required or 4+ years equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3-4 Salesforce certifications.
- At least 4 years of Salesforce consulting experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with Agile project management and sprint planning.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meets their client’s mission.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are always aware of the client’s needs and are well-versed in what both your team and Octo can offer
- You can work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
- You take a collective responsibility to create an environment where colleagues feel included, respected, and comfortable to be themselves.
- Must be able to use a computer and communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prefer experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Prefer additional Salesforce architect or Platform Developer II certifications to include Platform Developer II
- Experience managing a team of 5+ people